Astronomy (Chapters 23 - 25)
Textbook (page 624)
Chapter 23 Jeopardy
Chapter 24 Jeopardy
Chapter 25 Jeopardy
If the moon were only 1 Pixel
Kahoot: Astronomy II
Kahoot: Unit 5 Review
Astronomy Warm - Ups (Chapter 23 - 25):
Warm up #1 Chapter 23 (page 644):
- Draw the solar system with the planets, sun and asteroid belt in correct order.
- What is a terrestrial planet and name those planets.
- What is a Jovian planet and name those planets.
- Define the following: Asteroid, Comet, Meteoroid, Meteor and Meteorite (Chapter 23 section 4).
Warm up #2 Chapter 24 (page 678):
- Draw and label a refracting telescope.
- Draw and label a reflecting telescope.
- Draw and label the parts of the sun.
- What is the process called that converts the suns energy from hydrogen to helium?
Warm up #3
- What does the H-R Diagram show (pg 704).
- Draw the H-R Diagram (pg 704).
- Draw the life cycle of a low-mass, high-mass and massive star (pg 710).
Astronomy Vocabulary (23
Astronomy Flash Cards (Quizlet)
- Terrestrial planet
- Jovian planets
- Doppler effect
- Refracting telescope
- Reflecting telescope
- Nuclear fusion
- Binary star
- Black hole
- Hubble’s law
- Big Bang Theory